courtesy of Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
-photo by Aram Mardigian
Right now, many people are looking for unique and easy recipes that can be easily prepared from pantry staples. Aram Mardigian, Executive Restaurant Chef of Wolfgang Puck American Grille at the Borgata in Atlantic City, is sharing his recipe for his Tomato Pie that can easily be whipped up in your own kitchen. This recipe will bring a sense of comfort and can be made right at home with basic ingredients, for a taste of Borgata in your own home.
“Everyone in South Jersey loves Tomato Pie, and what’s great is it’s easy to make!”
– Chef Aram
• Mix ingredients for dough with dough hook or knead by hand for 12 minutes until dough is well formed. Rise 1 hour.
• Stretch and form into a greased sheet pan 18” by 13” ( or close to that).
• Apply a thin layer tomato sauce and some grated parmesan cheese.
• Bake for 6 minutes at 425 degrees.
• Remove and add more tomato sauce and parmesan cheese. Bake until browned. Add a sprinkle of dry oregano to finish.