-Courtesy of Aversa PR & Events
Photos courtesy of Brenda Hillegas
Get ready for a sugar rush this Halloween! Skip the tricks this year, and head for the treats as Candytopia hosts a special Halloween celebration and theme days. Candytopia: Halloween Sweets & Treats brings the extra sugar and spice (and everything nice) to Philadelphia Fashion District for a deliciously immersive and outrageously interactive party. Candy lovers and visitors are invited to wear their favorite family-friendly costumes for selfies and photo opportunities inside the sweetest pop-up experience in Philadelphia. While visitors explore the dazzling and colorful environments, they will find extra sweets and treats hidden throughout the space. On top of the usual candy in each and every room, select Candytopians will be showing off their own costumes and giving away extra bonus candy to celebrate with all the adorable little princes and princesses, and playful little ghosts and ghouls.
On top of the flying unicorn pigs, confetti explosions, marshmallow tsunamis and candy at every turn, Candytopia will also feature themed and fun decorations at select exhibits to add to the Halloween vibes. Visitors will find a Candy Scarecrow to greet them, an eight foot tall Marshmallow Man popping up near the Marshmallow Pool, bubbling cauldrons and pumpkins, corn stalks featuring candy-corn corn cobs, caramel apple taffy and lollipops, black and orange confetti, and other not-so-spooky surprises.
Candytopia presents Halloween: Sweets and Treats just in time for Halloween season on October 22, 23, 24, 28, 29, 30 and 31, 2021. Guests and candy-lovers will find not-so-spooky surprises throughout the giant 20,000 square foot space at 901 Market Street, in the heart of Philadelphia Fashion District. The idea for the holiday enhancements was to add fun, playful and Halloween inspired decor and vibes to the space that would complement the dozen colorful environments and the 50+ pieces of original art made from candy.
Now through Halloween Sunday, October 31, 2021, visitors will find a special Halloween background at the free Sugar Rush photo stations. Sugar Rush takes photos in select spots of Candytopia, and sends them to your email within seconds.
Visitors are invited to wear safe and family-friendly costumes. Select Candytopians will also be wearing their own favorite costumes to join the Halloween fun!
Candytopia’s in-house candy art team has spent thousands of hours using hundreds of thousands of pieces of candy to make the unique creations inside Candytopia. Inside the Philly location, look for more than 50+ pieces of original art and recreations of famous artwork and pop culture icons. Highlights of select exhibits, experiences and rooms include:
* Love Statue – The perfect combination of candy and love is our recreation of the Philly Love Statue made of blue raspberry cola bottles, red gum balls, and red gummy bears. (37.5K pieces of candy used, 260 hours of construction, and 47KG of sugar)
* Liberty Bell – One of the most iconic historical symbols of democracy, Candytopia’s liberty bell is made of sour belts, pineapple gummy bears, licorice laces and cola bottles. (24K pieces of candy, 85 hours of construction, and 32KG of sugar)
* Candytopia Dragon – The dragon greets guests as they enter through the doors of the confectionery creation – made up of 16 different candies including Swedish Fish, peachie hearts, and four kinds of rock candy. Each of the wings weigh 75lbs each. (125K pieces of Candy, 542hours of construction and 50KG of Sugar)
* Edward Munch’s The Scream – Featuring over 30 different types of candy to recreate this Expressionist masterpiece. (2.6K pieces of candy, 74 hours of construction and 1KG of sugar)
* Sphinx – Sphinx is the centerpiece of the Candytopia Gallery and is homage to the first candy makers, The Egyptians. It is a fitting piece as Philadelphia is home to prized Sphinx at the Philadelphia Museum of Art and Penn Museum. This majestic creation is made from gummy bears, gummy building blocks, jellybeans, Chiclets and sour belts. (78K pieces of candy, 317 hours of construction and 8.932KG of sugar)
* Humprey – Saying goodbye as guests leave is the lovable elephant, Humprey. His pink and white motifs are made up of candy hearts, strawberry puffs, gum balls, and jellybeans. (22.6K pieces of Candy, 432 hours of construction and 714 Grams of sugar)
* Candytopia Gallery – At first glance this themed room looks like any other art museum installation until you realize the iconic paintings such as Edward Munch’s The Scream, sculptures like Rodin’s The Thinker and portraits of iconic figures like Marilyn Monroe, are recreated entirely of candy.
* Marshmallow Pool – This immersive experience contains over a quarter million foam marshmallows. End to End, they would stretch 8 miles, 1.5 times the height of Mt Everest.
* Rainbow Room – Get ready for a whirlwind of Pigacorns, confetti and laughter. The pig butt cannons will envelope you in a confetti rainbow (black and orange now for Halloween!) while the turntable Sugar Rush photo station will send memorable pictures right to your email.
Candytopia is now on its final extension through early January. Stay tuned for information on holiday programming as Candytopia is set to embrace the most wonderful time of year. Christmas and holiday information will be out in early November.
Candytopia’s main entrance is located at 9th and Market (901 Market Street). Visitors can follow the pink taffy-colored velvet rope to the attraction’s own private entrance. Hours are listed on Candytopia’s website, with tickets required in advance.
Tickets for Candytopia Philly are on sale now for $28 for adults, $20 for kids (4-12) and free for kids 3 and under. To purchase tickets and for more information, please visit www.Candytopia.com or follow along on social media at @TheCandytopia.
For more pics and videos of RowHome‘s recent trip to Candytopia, visit us on Instagram @rowhomemag!
For anyone who’s ever dreamed of scoring a Golden Ticket or nibbling their way through Candyland, Candytopia transports guests to an imaginative confectionary wonderland with a one-of-a-kind full sensory experience and welcomes people of all ages to explore their sweet tooth like never before. Candytopia has drawn long lines and sold-out crowds during its limited run engagements in Santa Monica, New York and San Francisco. In 2021, it is open in Philly, Atlanta and Houston, with additional cities to be announced soon.
ABOUT FASHION DISTRICT PHILADELPHIA
Fashion District Philadelphia is the first robust retail and entertainment offering of its kind in Downtown Philadelphia. Spanning three city blocks, The District will feature over 800,000 square feet of dynamic offerings including flagship, traditional full price, off-price and branded outlet retail, experiential dining and entertainment, along with public art and evolving cultural events. With a prime location in Center City, The District is just steps away from Philadelphia’s historic district and connected to Reading Terminal, the Pennsylvania Convention Center and SEPTA’s Jefferson station – a convenient, transit-oriented location offering accessibility for millions of Philadelphia residents, commuters and visitors. Additional information is available at www.fashiondistrictphiladelphia.com or on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.