-Courtesy of En Route Marketing
It’s the most wonderful time of the year in Chestnut Hill! During Christmas in July (July 24 to 25), guests to Germantown Avenue can enjoy the best the season has to offer. Shoppers and their families can stroll and dine along the Avenue, enjoy festive classics sung by carolers, bop to a brass quartet, and visit Santa! Philadelphia’s Garden District will host various holiday-themed entertainment throughout the weekend, giving a sneak peek of what visitors can expect during Chestnut Hill’s favorite annual month-long tradition, Holidays on the Hill.
During the two-day celebration, businesses and restaurants in Chestnut Hill will offer discounts and specials to spread the holiday cheer and offer shoppers a jump start on the holiday shopping season! This holiday season, give the gift of summer to friends and family and help warm up those chilly winter nights. Stock up on unique summer-themed gifts, including summer scented candles, accessories, and apparel for holiday work parties and Secret Santa gift exchanges.
On vacation from the North Pole, Santa will be strolling the Avenue (8527 Germantown Avenue to 8125 Germantown Ave) on Saturday, July 24, from 2 to 5 p.m. A brass quartet will entertain visitors with Christmas tunes on July 24 from noon to 3 p.m., and carolers will sing to visitors on Sunday, July 25, from 3 to 6 p.m.
Restaurant and retail discounts and specials are being updated daily. Check HERE for the most up-to date list!
Chestnut Hill Business District restaurant and business “Christmas in July” specials:
• AR Workshop (8607 Germantown Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19118): will offer popular ornament on site or take-home DIY kits along with hot chocolate and cookie decorating stations • Bredenbeck’s Bakery (8126 Germantown Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19118): will create Royal Iced Cookies in the shape of snowmen and the Grinch
• SL8 Hair Lounge (8135 Germantown Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19118): 20% off all retail and free gift with purchase
• Kimberly James Bridal (15 West Highland Ave First floor, Philadelphia, PA 19118): A collection of wedding gowns discounted at 25% off
• Villavillekula (8419 Germantown Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19118): Gigantic clearance event of summer merchandise marked down 30 to 50% off
• Made By ME Handmade Gourmet Chocolates (Market at the Fareway, 8221 Germantown Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19118): Limited edition Peppermint Bark, made with a layer of dark and white chocolate topped with crushed peppermint pieces, available from July 22 through July 24 • The Little Gallery (8622 Germantown Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19118): 10% off all purchases
• Sara Campbell LTD (8409 Germantown Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19118): 15% off full and sale price apparel
• Robertson’s Flowers: In-store “royal rummage” items, including a selection of holiday items and the new release of Old World Christmas’ ornaments of Santa wearing a mask and getting vaccinated
For those taking public transportation, Chestnut Hill can be accessed by several SEPTA services: two SEPTA Regional Rail lines — the Chestnut Hill East and Chestnut Hill West, and SEPTA Bus Routes 23, 77, 94, 134, and L.
For those driving, Chestnut Hill is only 25 minutes away from Center City and just a short drive from New York, New Jersey, and Washington, D.C., with access to multiple major roadways like the Pennsylvania Turnpike, Pennsylvania Route 309, and interstates 476 and 76. All roads lead to Chestnut Hill!
For more information about Chestnut Hill, visit http://www.chestnuthillpa.com. Join the conversation on social media by following @chestnuthill_pa on Instagram, @chestnuthill.pa on Facebook, and @chestnuthillpa on Twitter. Don’t forget to use the hashtags #chestnuthillpa and #KeepItOnTheHill.