-Courtesy of Aversa PR & Events
photo courtesy of Atelier Bianca / credit Brae Howard
Old City District showcases its fast growing wedding industry with the debut of the Old City Wedding Stroll on Wednesday, August 3rd, 2022 from 5:00-8:00pm. More than 45 locations will open their doors and offer consultations, demos, tastings, and tours. Couples looking to tie the knot are invited to visit Old City bridal and suit shops, venues, restaurants, and wedding services. Participating businesses include Shane Confectionery, Positano Coast by Aldo Lamberti, The Olde Bar, Philly Bride, SuitShop, Amina, Cuba Libre Restaurant and Rum Bar, Fork, Panorama Wine Bar, Arch Enemy Arts, FringeArts, Hilton Philadelphia at Penn’s Landing, Kick Axe Throwing, Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, Power Plant Productions, Art in the Age, Chick Invitations, Hitched, Fred Astaire Dance Studio, NE Flower Boutique and many others. All participants will be entered to win a Wedding Gift Basket valued at $1,000. The event is free to attend, but registration is required. For more information and to register, visit: https://www.oldcitydistrict.org/wedding.
Old City is Philadelphia’s ultimate one-stop wedding shop. Home to more than 300 independently-owned small businesses, find wedding attire, florists, jewelers, restaurants, venues, wedding services, and so much more – all within a few blocks. Rely on Old City wedding experts to make your big day everything you imagine – and more.
“Forty-eight new businesses have opened in Old City so far since 2021, and many of them are wedding-specific businesses, or businesses that offer wedding services,” said Job Itzkowitz, Executive Director of Old City District. “This event highlights independently-owned businesses that can help you prepare for your big day.”
“I opened Lovely Bride Philly in Old City nine years ago. The neighborhood was, and is, the perfect fit. The mix of old historical charm with modern independent boutiques makes it a great destination to spend the day. Bridal shopping is an experience so this allows our clients and their guests to come to us, have a relaxing meal nearby, stop in some cute clothing stores, and really make a day of it,” said Lovely Bride Owner Ivy Kaplin.
For the first Old City Wedding Stroll, over 45 businesses will be open for tastings, tours, sips and consultations for couples to be. Each participating business will be open during the event hours and offerings will differ by location. Participating locations and map can also be found on the website.
“Old City is the top destination for wedding planning in Philadelphia! SuitShop loves being in the center of the vibrant and historic neighborhood,” said SuitShop Philadelphia Showroom Manager Sara Brady. “With so many top wedding vendors within close proximity of one another, it is an ideal place to plan a wedding!”
“We opened in Old City because we absolutely love the atmosphere and charm of this section of the city. You should visit Old City if you are looking for the best in the business when it comes to weddings and events. This neighborhood is full of experts and it’s wonderful to be surrounded by fellow ‘friendors’ and the most talented group of people when it comes to making someone’s day unforgettable,” said JM&Co. Owners Jacqueline Ryan and Mabree Burris.
For the grand finale of the evening, one lucky couple will win a $1,000 valued Wedding Gift Basket, that includes:
* Free Tungsten wedding band up to $300 in value from Hitched
* Hair & Makeup appointment- Application and Styling- $200.00 value at JM & Co.
* Offer: 75% discount off our regular BAR rate on up to 5 rooms Wedding block (based upon hotel availability) at Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
* $75 gift card from Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar
* $75 gift card from Positano Coast
* $50 gift card from SuitShop
* Two tickets to a Wine or Food Class and a Cookbook & Wine Tote from Panorama Wine Bar
* Two tickets to a bread making class at Old City Kitchen
* Two tickets to the Museum of Illusions
* BRIDE straw + coupon for $20 off dresses for whole party at Bella Bridesmaids
* Kelab Events & Design merchandise
* Love themed picture frame, print, postcard, pencil sharpener, coaster, and shot glass from Betsy Ross House Gift Shop
* CD from Off Broadway musical MARRY HARRY, a postcard of Michael Biello’s art, and handmade ceramic from Biello Martin Studio
* Gift from Lovely Bride
* Gift from Chick Invitations
* Gift from Arch Street Meeting House
* Gift from Mari Mi Bridal
* Gift from Atelier Bianca
* Gift from SuitShop
* Gift from The Olde Bar
For more information and to register for this free event, visit: https://www.oldcitydistrict.org/wedding