-Courtesy of NJF PR and Visit California
Discover New Sights & Exhibitions in California:
- San Diego, adorably dubbed as Penguin City, will open the Beyster Family Little Blue Penguins habitat at Birch Aquarium at Scripps next month, making it the only aquarium in the Western U.S. to house the world’s smallest penguins – the Little Blue Penguins.
- The Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach opens their new Babies! Exhibition enabling visitors to meet and engage with adorable new arrivals including baby sea otters, miniature sea jellies, and color-changing cuttlefish. This new exhibit will enable visitors to learn about the endangered animal babies that live at the Aquarium, and how the specialized care they receive helps rebuild their wild populations.
Celebrate the Rich History of California:
- In downtown Riverside, widely known as “The City of Arts & Innovation,” explore the new Cheech Marin Center for Chicano Art & Culture when it opens later this month. The exhibit, affectionately coined “The Cheech,” is a partnership between renowned comedian and Chicano art collector Cheech Marin, the Riverside Art Museum and the city of Riverside. The Cheech invites everyone to discover Chicano art, celebrate the richness and sabor of the Chicano community, and honor the continued social, cultural and political impact.
- Discover the world-renowned Hearst Castle in San Luis Obispo, which just reopened last month following a two-year closure. As California’s first female architect, Julia Morgan broke barriers leading her to design one of her most prominent pieces of work, William Randolph Hearst’s legendary San Simeon estate. Guests can dive into Julia Morgan’s exciting life and career with the new Julia Morgan Tour.
New Hotel Openings Across the Golden State:
- San Francisco introduces three new hotel openings this summer, spanning across the city’s iconic Ferry Building to the vibrant Mission Bay neighborhood. The 1 Hotel San Francisco will open this month, embracing the beauty of the Northern California landscape through reclaimed woods, native greenery and organic textures and materials. The LUMA Hotel San Francisco, a modern and innovative hotel also debuting this month, will offer some of the best views of the city skyline and surrounding bay. The property is the first-ever hotel development in the Mission Bay area. The reimagined and newly renovated Beacon Grand Hotel will reopen their doors on June 30, celebrating the landmark’s architectural splendor and artisanship while featuring modern sensibilities, service and amenities.
- The Paloma Resort, a full service boutique resort hotel located south of Palm Springs will open this summer and features 66 modernist bungalows and suites, and juxtaposes mid-century architecture against the property’s poolside mission-style Adobe.
For more inspiration and places to visit, head to the Visit California website.