by Moriah Kelley
Our city is about to become the center of the national stage yet again by turning the Benjamin Franklin Parkway into the NFL Draft Experience presented by Dannon Oikos Triple Zero. Get ready everyone because from Thursday, April 27th to Saturday, April 29th fans of all ages will be able to join in on the draft extravaganza with a free (yes, FREE) family friendly festival.
This is an exciting time for Philadelphia, as we held the very first NFL Draft in 1936 at the Ritz Carlton. This morning at the Philadelphia Museum of Art, Mayor Jim Kenney, NFL Senior Vice President of Events Peter O’ Reilly, and former Eagles quarterback and Co-Chair of the Philadelphia NFL Draft Host Committee, Ron Jaworski, gave a sneak peek of what to expect with the return of the NFL Draft.
Reasons I recommend everyone visit the NFL Draft Experience festival:
- The size of the festival will be equivalent to 25 football fields.
- An actual football field will be created to play on by visitors.
- There will be a first ever zip line that will fly (Get it? Our Eagles “fly”!) participants across the Benjamin Franklin Parkway.
- NFL Virtual Reality Station – Experience NFL games using virtual reality technology.
- Fans are able to participate in what is called the Combine Corner where they can practice their Vertical Jump and 40-Yard Dash as well as race against other NFL players.
- NFL keepsakes galore! Take a picture with the Vince Lombardi Trophy, and visit the NFL Museum exhibit. The exhibit will feature historical Eagles memorabilia, Super Bowl rings, and Conference championship trophies.
- No football experience is complete without a great tailgate, and the NFL Draft Experience is no exception. Visit the “Taste of the Town” tailgate and enjoy selections from some of Philadelphia’s best restaurants.
- Ever wonder what everything behind the scenes looks like? Well wonder no more! Fans are granted access behind the podium on the NFL Draft set as well as the ESPN set for SportsCenter LIVE.
- On the steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art, a Draft theater will be constructed creating the largest live audience to be able to view the NFL Draft announcements.
An easy way to be part of the full experience is by downloading the NFL Draft Fan Mobile Pass app which will be available early March www.nfl.com/fanmobilepass.
NFL Draft Experience hours of operation will be Thursday, April 27: Noon to 11 PM; Friday April 28: Noon to 11 PM; and Saturday, April 29: 10 AM to 6 PM.
For more information, follow @NFL and #NFLDraft.